Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's a Toddler Sweater, for cryin' out loud

The Ajune Toddler Pullover http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/ajune/ajune_1.html

I went stash diving for this one. DK weight. Hmmmm. Well I have two skeins of Berocco Comfort DK. Only 175 yards each, though. Well, that 3/4 skein of Sirdar Snuggly will go with it and I'll hold my breath to see if I have enough. Feeling pretty edgy on the yardage situation, so back to the stash for some white Fore-'n-Aft Sport that is so old it only cost $2.15 brand new. And that's $2.15 for 175 yards of 100% orlon acrylic! That's plenty of yarn for a size 18 months. Whew! Here are my yarn comments: Love the color of the Comfort and it's plenty soft. Cheap, too. Don't like that it snags easily and feels thin worked up. Sirdar Snuggly is so soft and pretty, but this DK is not the same weight as the Comfort--Don't worry, I'll work that out later. The Fore-'n-Aft: who knows--never used it before. I have had it in the stash for at least 20 years! lol. pics, tradgedies and triumphs coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment