Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Present for Daniel


Well, well, well, what do we have here? A sausage? no. A balloon? no. A thick branch off a tree? No, no, no! It's a pillow!

See? If you look again, you will recognize stockinette stitch! The beauty of this design is that I used up all but a few strands of the yarn. I was using stash yarn, Bernat DenimStyle, and didn't want any leftovers. No little balls of anything I might be forced to make into a granny square later.

Did you take a good look at the end? Fooled You, didn't I? The ends are crocheted! Yeah, you know me--dpns aren't yet my thing.

Here's what I had leftover: just a few ends clipped off after weaving. The really long one became a temporary meal for the cat. But her owner discovered it hanging out of her mouth and rescued it for the garbage just in time!

HAPPINESS IS.....
USING UP TWO COMPLETE BALLS OF STASH YARN


No comments:

Post a Comment